Welcome
Welcome to CloudFTP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

CloudFTP Firmware V12 Beta (with PTP Support) Now Available!

Hardware related posts

CloudFTP Firmware V12 Beta (with PTP Support) Now Available!

Postby DanielChin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 am

Download firmware file and user guide here: http://hypershop.views.fm/firmware-v12-beta-ptp

To update,
1) Read the firmware user guide first
2) Copy firmware file "WD7START.SEF" to the main directory of a USB storage device
3) Power up CloudFTP completely
4) Connect USB storage device to CloudFTP
5) When you see "Update?" on CloudFTP LCD, tap the power button once to confirm. Firmware update will start.
6) Please read PTP-Guide.rtf for instructions on how to install PTP app onto CloudFTP

What's new in Firmware V12 Beta
New Features
- Beta Support for PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)
- Built-in installer for customized apps
Power
- CloudFTP auto shutdown if it is not connected to any client for a specified amount of time (5/15/30/60/120 mins)
Network
- User can toggle between ad-hoc mode and infrastructure mode by tapping the power button once when CloudFTP is scanning for wireless router during startup (when LCD is showing "Scanning…"
- Ability to create ad-hoc network without password
- Ability to join existing networks with hidden SSID
- When connected to existing networks in infrastructure mode, CloudFTP will constantly monitor and display connection quality symbol on the LCD screen

What's new in Firmware V11 Beta
New Features
- Samba/SMB/CIFS server (allow CloudFTP to be mounted as a drive on Mac/PC)
- UPnP/DLNA server (allow CloudFTP to be connected to various media players and TV)
- Support for usb hub (up to 8 devices and 16 partitions)
- USB device connection diagnostics tool (Go to "http://<IP Address>/usb_diag.html" to launch tool and send us a screenshot of the diagnostic message)
- File/folder listing by alphabetical, case type order
- Safe unload/eject of USB device without the need to restart/shutdown CloudFTP
Power
- More reliable device shutdown
- When battery is almost depleted, CloudFTP will display "Low Battery" and auto shutdown if there is no user intervention.
- Add iPhone charging mode. When CloudFTP detects that it is connected to an iPhone, it will power down almost all components (including WiFi) and function as a high efficiency battery charger for the iPhone.
Network
- CloudFTP will ping for new client every 60 seconds
- User can switch from infrastructure mode to ad-hoc mode by tapping the power button once when CloudFTP is scanning for wireless router during startup (when LCD is showing "Scanning…")
- CloudFTP LCD will display network signal strength and interference noise when obtaining IP address from wireless router in infrastructure mode
- Allow user to enter network diagnostic mode when CloudFTP displays "IP not found"
- CloudFTP will constantly monitor and display connection quality symbol in infrastructure mode
- CloudFTP will now properly reboot when network settings are changed
- Support infrastructure network SSID length to 16 chars and password up to 63 chars
- Revert to user defined ad-hoc network settings instead of default settings if CloudFTP fails to join existing infrastructure network
- User confirmation required for "Clear Network Settings", "Stop Server Safely", "Shutdown", "Reboot" and "Unload USB"
- MAC address display in web app settings page

DanielChin has been thanked by:
DanielChin

Have thanks: 24 time

Re: CloudFTP Firmware V12 Beta (with PTP Support) Now Availa

Postby giano » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 am

Oh yeah!
Very good release. Only one "glitch": still here the strange SMB limitation of 1.5 mb files and faulty reading of disk free space.

Keep up the good job!
Last edited by giano on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
giano

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby vu2cpl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

Worked like charm. I can now access my Canon camera EOS7D through CloudFTP.

Good job!!!!!!!!

Manoj
vu2cpl

Postby JDinBigD » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 am

I was pretty happy with v11 - thought it was very stable.

I loaded beta v12 and the new cloudftp.app. When I restarted, my network settings were gone. I re-added those then restarted in infrastructure mode.

I opened the 'App folder' and found it empty.

I streamed some mp3 files from a 1G USB stick to my iPod touch 2nd Gen, and opened an html connection from my Mac. Shortly thereafter, the CloudFTP (in infrastructure mode) stopped responding the html requests. Neither the iPod, Mac, nor my iPad could reach the device via http. FTP continued to be accessible. I didn't test any other protocols at that point.

Daniel ... keep those firmware versions coming. The jump from original to v11 was very good. But for my uses, v11 to v12 seemed to be a step backwards as I don't need PTP support. I've rolled back to v11.
JDinBigD

Postby jasonrundell » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

I did not have the same result as JDinBigD. When I placed both the WD7START.SEF and cloudftp.app on my USB drive and turned on the CloudFTP device, it asked to Update and I clicked the power button (just like the instructions ask). But the updating seems to last longer than 30 minutes. Before, it was done very quickly. Do I wait longer than 30 minutes?
I'm interested in working on developing CloudFTP as a new mobile web server technology - http://jasonrundell.com
My CloudFTP experiments: http://jasonrundell.com/projects/cloudftp-web-server-development/
jasonrundell

Postby darktooth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 am

Here one bug I found in v12 so far.

In v11 you could set and password for your ad-hoc network but join an infrastructure network by default. If I left home I always could cancel infrastructure mode
and enter ad-hoc with my password set.
In v12 this is not possible anymore. If I have set a password for ad-hoc and cancel infrastructure mode it just boots into infrastructure again (and again, and again, ...). Without a password it works like a charm.

Btw Daniel, smb mount still only shows 1.5MB free space (so no upload >1.5mb is possible).

Regarding update... always update one thing at a time. So first Update firmware and then in a separate step the app. Then it works just fine.
darktooth

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby docgonzodotcom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am

I'm also experiencing the empty apps folder. Did the update in two steps, first the firmware, then the cloudapp.app, with a reboot in between.
docgonzodotcom

Postby tom_schmidt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

same here: got an empty app folder :-(
tom_schmidt

Postby holmes4 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

As far as I know, no apps which use the App folder have been released yet. The PTP app has its own folder.
holmes4

Have thanks: 16 time

Postby tom_schmidt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Oh I see. The problem is the misleading firmware guide that shows different apps like Camera2Ftp, Usb2DropBox and Usb2Http in chapter 5.6.
I thought this apps are already available.
tom_schmidt

Next

Return to Hardware