Download firmware file and user guide here: http://hypershop.views.fm/firmware-v12-beta-ptp
1) Read the firmware user guide first
2) Copy firmware file "WD7START.SEF" to the main directory of a USB storage device
3) Power up CloudFTP completely
4) Connect USB storage device to CloudFTP
5) When you see "Update?" on CloudFTP LCD, tap the power button once to confirm. Firmware update will start.
6) Please read PTP-Guide.rtf for instructions on how to install PTP app onto CloudFTPWhat's new in Firmware V12 BetaNew Features
- Beta Support for PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)
- Built-in installer for customized appsPower
- CloudFTP auto shutdown if it is not connected to any client for a specified amount of time (5/15/30/60/120 mins)Network
- User can toggle between ad-hoc mode and infrastructure mode by tapping the power button once when CloudFTP is scanning for wireless router during startup (when LCD is showing "Scanning…"
- Ability to create ad-hoc network without password
- Ability to join existing networks with hidden SSID
- When connected to existing networks in infrastructure mode, CloudFTP will constantly monitor and display connection quality symbol on the LCD screenWhat's new in Firmware V11 BetaNew Features
- Samba/SMB/CIFS server (allow CloudFTP to be mounted as a drive on Mac/PC)
- UPnP/DLNA server (allow CloudFTP to be connected to various media players and TV)
- Support for usb hub (up to 8 devices and 16 partitions)
- USB device connection diagnostics tool (Go to "http://<IP Address>/usb_diag.html" to launch tool and send us a screenshot of the diagnostic message)
- File/folder listing by alphabetical, case type order
- Safe unload/eject of USB device without the need to restart/shutdown CloudFTPPower
- More reliable device shutdown
- When battery is almost depleted, CloudFTP will display "Low Battery" and auto shutdown if there is no user intervention.
- Add iPhone charging mode. When CloudFTP detects that it is connected to an iPhone, it will power down almost all components (including WiFi) and function as a high efficiency battery charger for the iPhone.Network
- CloudFTP will ping for new client every 60 seconds
- User can switch from infrastructure mode to ad-hoc mode by tapping the power button once when CloudFTP is scanning for wireless router during startup (when LCD is showing "Scanning…")
- CloudFTP LCD will display network signal strength and interference noise when obtaining IP address from wireless router in infrastructure mode
- Allow user to enter network diagnostic mode when CloudFTP displays "IP not found"
- CloudFTP will constantly monitor and display connection quality symbol in infrastructure mode
- CloudFTP will now properly reboot when network settings are changed
- Support infrastructure network SSID length to 16 chars and password up to 63 chars
- Revert to user defined ad-hoc network settings instead of default settings if CloudFTP fails to join existing infrastructure network
- User confirmation required for "Clear Network Settings", "Stop Server Safely", "Shutdown", "Reboot" and "Unload USB"
- MAC address display in web app settings page