Welcome
Welcome to CloudFTP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

CloudFTP Firmware V11 (Beta) Now Available!

Hardware related posts

CloudFTP Firmware V11 (Beta) Now Available!

Postby DanielChin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 am

Download firmware file and user guide here: http://www.views.fm/HyperShop/CloudFTP-Firmware-V11-Beta

To update,
1) Read the firmware user guide first
2) Copy firmware file "WD7START.SEF" to the main directory of a USB storage device
3) Connect USB storage device to CloudFTP and power up CloudFTP
4) When you see "Update V10->V11?" on CloudFTP LCD, tap the power button once to confirm. Firmware update will start.

Firmware V11 Beta Updates

New Features
- Samba/SMB/CIFS server (allow CloudFTP to be mounted as a drive on Mac/PC)
- UPnP/DLNA server (allow CloudFTP to be connected to various media players and TV)
- Support for usb hub (up to 8 devices and 16 partitions)
- USB device connection diagnostics tool (Go to "http://<IP Address>/usb_diag.html" to launch tool and send us a screenshot of the diagnostic message)
- File/folder listing by alphabetical, case type order
- Safe unload/eject of USB device without the need to restart/shutdown CloudFTP

Power
- More reliable device shutdown
- When battery is almost depleted, CloudFTP will display "Low Battery" and auto shutdown if there is no user intervention.
- Add iPhone charging mode. When CloudFTP detects that it is connected to an iPhone, it will power down almost all components (including WiFi) and function as a high efficiency battery charger for the iPhone.

Network
- CloudFTP will ping for new client every 60 seconds
- User can switch from infrastructure mode to ad-hoc mode by tapping the power button once when CloudFTP is scanning for wireless router during startup (when LCD is showing "Scanning…")
- CloudFTP LCD will display network signal strength and interference noise when obtaining IP address from wireless router in infrastructure mode
- Allow user to enter network diagnostic mode when CloudFTP displays "IP not found"
- CloudFTP will constantly monitor and display connection quality symbol in infrastructure mode
- CloudFTP will now properly reboot when network settings are changed
- Support infrastructure network SSID length to 16 chars and password up to 63 chars
- Revert to user defined ad-hoc network settings instead of default settings if CloudFTP fails to join existing infrastructure network
- User confirmation required for "Clear Network Settings", "Stop Server Safely", "Shutdown", "Reboot" and "Unload USB"
- MAC address display in web app settings page

DanielChin

Have thanks: 24 time

Re: CloudFTP Firmware V11 (Beta) Now Available!

Postby holmes4 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 am

These instructions and the instructions in the PDF are incorrect. Here is the correct sequence.

Download the .SEF file and copy to the root folder of a USB drive (the PDF talks about a .app file which does not exist)
Power up the CloudFTP (do not insert the USB drive yet)
Once it finishes powering up, insert the USB drive. It will detect the update and ask you if you want to install.
Press the power button once to confirm

holmes4

Have thanks: 16 time

Postby bdube » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:14 pm

The install instructions tell us how to install Dropbox, but no mention of which application to download and install. At dropbox.com are downloads for mac, windows, linux as well as links to the installer for IOS and android. Since I don't know what O/S CloudFTP is based on, which file do we download and change the name to and then put in the root directory to have CloudFTP see and install?
bdube

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby LKO » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Great!
Followed holmes4's directions (thanks, by the way), updated with no problems. CloudFTP can now connect to my WIFI networks with stupidly long keys. Everything else seems to be working fine. This little gadget is coming along nicely!
LKO

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby holmes4 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 am

bdube, you're going to have to wait on a Dropbox app, which would be specific to CloudFTP. I assume this and other things are in the works.

As for the instructions on the web site, I think someone whose first language is English should go over them.
holmes4

Have thanks: 16 time

Postby objektør » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 am

holmes4 wrote:These instructions and the instructions in the PDF are incorrect. Here is the correct sequence.

Download the .SEF file and copy to the root folder of a USB drive (the PDF talks about a .app file which does not exist)
Power up the CloudFTP (do not insert the USB drive yet)
Once it finishes powering up, insert the USB drive. It will detect the update and ask you if you want to install.
Press the power button once to confirm

This I would never figured out my self. Thanks!
Among the new features in the V11 it says: -Samba/SMB/CIFS server ( allow CloudFtp to be mounted as a drive on Mac/Pc).
Does this mean that I can use my external HDD ( connected to the cloudFtp) as a kind of internal drive, so I can get to my files as if the external HDD was connected to the Mac with a USB- cable? That would be great. It was one of the many reasons why I supported this project.
Any idea how to do this??
Thanks
objektør

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby jstubbs » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 am

Daniel,

the forum has the option to mass email all members. Do you think this would be a good thing to do for firmware releases? It would get the word out a lot faster than waiting for everyone to login and check the board. I don't think it should be done all the time, but a firmware update is one reason i see that would benefit from the mass email.

Cheers

Jason
jstubbs
Site Admin

Have thanks: 5 time

Postby syxx » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

objektør wrote:This I would never figured out my self. Thanks!
Among the new features in the V11 it says: -Samba/SMB/CIFS server ( allow CloudFtp to be mounted as a drive on Mac/Pc).
Does this mean that I can use my external HDD ( connected to the cloudFtp) as a kind of internal drive, so I can get to my files as if the external HDD was connected to the Mac with a USB- cable? That would be great. It was one of the many reasons why I supported this project.
Thanks

Just like with every other network share/ftp/vnc.... in Finder menu Go < Coonnect to server and type into the address bad smb://(ipaddress)/share

syxx has been thanked by:
syxx

Postby objektør » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:39 pm

syxx wrote:
objektør wrote:This I would never figured out my self. Thanks!
Thanks

Just like with every other network share/ftp/vnc.... in Finder menu Go < Coonnect to server and type into the address bad smb://(ipaddress)/share

Thank you very much!!! It works perfect! Straight away! No problems at all. I always wanted to do this but didn't know how. Suddenly the MBP has a 1 TB harddisc. This CloudFtp thing starts to be really handy. Both for my ipad and the mbp.
objektør

Postby FSkaffe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

How come i can connect to the root of the CloudFTP like in the last picture, but i can't connect to individual drives on the CloudFTP like in the first picture?
I would like to access my drives as easily as external drives, so i can use them for time machine backups, so it's a bit of a problem for me.
Thank you.
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2012-03-26 kl. 22.57.47.PNG
I can't connect to individual drives
Skærmbillede 2012-03-26 kl. 22.57.47.PNG (11.84 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
Skærmbillede 2012-03-26 kl. 22.54.16.PNG
I can connect to the root of CloudFTP
Skærmbillede 2012-03-26 kl. 22.54.16.PNG (20.69 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
FSkaffe

Have thanks: 0 time

Next

Return to Hardware